We're glad you're here. A library card is one of the smartest cards in your wallet! Library cards for the Ida Grove Library are issued free of charge to any resident of Ida Grove, Ida County or the State of Iowa.
How to get your "smart" card:
- Complete the Library Card Application
- Provide a valid State of Iowa issued photo ID with a current physical address
- Provide one additional form of identification, acceptable forms of identification include:
- Lease agreement
- Vehicle registration
- Utility bill
- Any legal document with a current address
- Applicants under the age of eighteen without a valid Iowa driver's license must have a parent or guardian present to apply for a library card
- New cards are issued on a conditional status for a period of three months. Conditional status allows checking out four regularly circulating items (books, magazines, audiobooks, etc.) and two movies
- Library cards expire two (2) years from the date of issuance and must be renewed to remain active
Use your Library Card Online
- After 24 hours, your new card can be used to access our online resources and services.
- Online resources and services include:
- Iowa Libraries Adventure Passes
- Transparent Languages
- Gale Research Resources
- Credo Reference Services
- Bridges Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks
- Please allow 24-48 hours for your library card to be recognized in our system. These third-party systems are not housed under the Ida Grove Public Library administration and may take up to 48 hours to update.
The Ida Grove Public Library participates in the statewide Open Access program. Open Access is a reciprocal borrowing program that enables customers from a participating library to go to other participating libraries and check out physical materials they own. The purpose of Open Access is to provide Iowans with direct access to more library materials and information resources.
The Ida Grove Public Library participates in the Access Plus program. Access Plus, also known as Interlibrary Loan, allows patrons with valid library cards to request materials from other libraries nationwide. See our full Interlibrary Loan Policy for rules and restrictions on interlibrary loan materials.
Good to Know
• No food or drink is allowed in the library proper.
• Shirts and shoes are required attire for the library; bathing suits must be covered.
• The responsibility of the library staff is to maintain a pleasant environment for all patrons.
• The library does not provide a babysitting service.
• Preschool children are expected to be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person while in the library.
• Patrons whose behavior is disruptive will receive one warning prior to being asked to leave the library premises.
• There is no smoking allowed in the building or within 50 feet of library entrances.
View our full Circulation Policy