Ida Grove Library Reopening on June 15, 2020
The Library is Reopening! We’re excited to begin our phased reopening of the library building to serve patrons again. However, there will be some changes to protect both staff and public health once we reopen. They are detailed below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 712-364-2306.
If you or a member of your household are sick or have you been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, we ask that you do not come to the library. Contact us about other options to get materials: 712-364-2306
What you can expect at the library on June 15th:
Shortened hours (see below), allowing us time to sanitize public areas and library materials.
We ask that you wear a mask, to protect yourself and others, including our staff (who will also be masked).
Please follow social distancing rules. We will have signage in the building to remind you and to mark distances. Please use good judgment.
We ask that you limit your time in the building to 30 minutes, as we have a limited open time to serve our community.
Children's Library, Heritage Room, and public restrooms will not be available at this time.
Hours as of June 15, 2020:
Please note that we will be open to the public for a limited time each day, allowing us to continue to provide no contact pick up to vulnerable patrons or those wishing to continue to use the service.
1 pm - 4 pm: Walk-in service
CLOSED SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Walk-in service is available for computer use, copy/fax service, material pick-up, and newspaper reading only. Browsing the collection and utilizing reading & lounge areas will not be available.
Books and Materials
- Please return ALL materials in the book return located at the front of the building. This allows us to safely handle material returns. No returns will be accepted at the front desk.
- Please allow 72 hours for all materials to be checked in off your account due to our quarantining of materials. Your items will not accrue late fees during this 72-hour period. When you return an item, please be patient with this new process.
- Materials due prior to our closure in March might have late fees, but late fees have not been accruing while we’ve been closed.
- All materials checked out since June 8th are due back at their normal due dates, 2 weeks for most items, 3 days for DVDs.
- Most materials may be renewed by using our online catalog or by calling the library at 712-364-2306. As usual, materials on waiting lists cannot be renewed.
- Late fees will begin to accrue on August 1st. If you are unable to return your materials by this date, please contact the library to discuss other options.
- No contact pick up will continue after the building reopens. Please contact the library for more information about this service.
- Summer Reading will be virtual this year – check out our Summer Library Program Information Page for more information! www.idagrove.lib.ia.us/services/programs
- The Children's Library will remain closed to all activities.
- Computer use will be limited to a single, 30-minute session. Patrons will be limited to one session per day.
- Additional computer time can be requested from staff for valid reasons, such as testing, applying for employment, etc as long as no other patron is waiting to use limited computer resources. Please indicate your need for additional computer time at the start of your session.
- Staff will work to keep computer stations clean and will have sanitizing wipes available for use at the beginning of your session.
- Staff will not be able to provide extensive computer help during this time. Help will be limited to what can verbally be explained.