Updated: Ida Grove Library moves to stage 3 reopening August 17, 2020
We are moving to stage 3! This page will provide information on our current situation and open library hours. We appreciate all of your understanding and support as we work through how to get back to our 'normal'. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 712-364-2306.
If you or a member of your household are sick or have you been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, we ask that you do not come to the library. Contact us about other options to get materials: 712-364-2306
What you can expect at the library on August 17th:
Shortened hours (see below), allowing us time to sanitize public areas and library materials.
We ask that you wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained, to protect yourself and others, including our staff.
Please follow social distancing guidelines. We will have signage in the building to remind you and to mark distances. Please use good judgment.
We ask that you limit your time in the building to 30 minutes.
Children's Library, Heritage Room, and public restrooms remain unavailable at this time.
Hours as of August 17, 2020:
As we begin to offer longer hours, we will continue to provide no contact pick up to vulnerable patrons or those wishing to continue to use the service.
Temporary library hours are:
Walk-in service is available for computer use, copy/fax service, material pick-up, and newspaper reading. Collection browsing is limited to the main library collections (Adult, Young Adult, DVDs & Audio materials). Children's items can be requested at the desk or in advance by email or phone, staff will retreive all children's and juvenile materials requested. Reading and lounge areas are not available for use and gatherings will not be allowed at this time. Please check in at the circulation desk when arriving to receive instructions for browsing the collection.
Books and Materials
- Please return ALL materials in the book return located at the front of the building. This allows us to safely handle material returns. No returns will be accepted at the front desk.
- Please allow 72 hours for all materials to be removed from your account due to our quarantining of materials. Your items will not accrue late fees during this 72-hour period. When you return an item, please be patient with this new process.
- Materials due prior to our closure in March might have late fees, but late fees have not been accruing while we’ve been closed.
- All materials checked out since June 8th are due back at their normal due dates, 2 weeks for most items, 3 days for DVDs.
- Most materials may be renewed by using our online catalog or by calling the library at 712-364-2306. As usual, materials on waiting lists cannot be renewed.
- Late fees will begin to accrue on September 1st. If you are unable to return your materials by this date, please contact the library to discuss other options.
- No contact pick up will continue after the building reopens. Please contact the library for more information about this service.
- Summer Reading will be virtual this year – check out our Summer Library Program Information Page for more information! www.idagrove.lib.ia.us/services/programs
- The Children's Library remains closed to all activities.
- Juvenile and children's materials may be requested at the circulation desk or in advance via phone or email; staff will gather items reqested for checkout.
- Computer use will be limited to a single, 30-minute session. Patrons will be limited to one session per day.
- Additional computer time can be requested from staff for valid reasons, such as testing, applying for employment, etc as long as no other patron is waiting to use limited computer resources. Please indicate your need for additional computer time at the start of your session.
- Staff will work to keep computer stations clean and will have sanitizing wipes available for use at the beginning of your session.
- Staff will not be able to provide extensive computer help during this time. Help will be limited to what can verbally be explained.