No Contact Pick Up
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ida Grove Library has closed our building to the public. To minimize the impact that our closure is having on our community, we will begin offering an alternative way to check out materials for patrons who wish to utilize library service while maintaining a minimal risk of exposure for both staff and patrons.
Starting Friday, April 24, 2020, the Ida Grove Library will offer a No Contact Pick Up of library materials following these guidelines:
- Pickup of items from the library will be held on Fridays from 9:20 am to 3:40 pm, in 20-minute intervals to ensure social distancing guidelines are met and allowing staff to clean and sanitize the pickup location.
- To find items, use the library's online catalog by clicking on the 'search catalog' link above. Please note the title of the item and author when requesting items.
- To request your items and schedule a pickup time, call the library at 364-2306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and provide a list of your requested materials.
- Cut off time is 4 pm on Wednesday before the pickup day.
- At the scheduled pick up time, items will be located in our new book house at the back entrance of the library allowing you to pick up items without contact with staff or other patrons.
- Staff will not be present at the pickup location in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Returns will not be accepted at the back door, returns should be placed in the regular book return located at the front entrance of the library to allow staff to follow sanitization guidelines already in place for returned items.
Since the length of our closure is undetermined at this time and we have had many requests from patrons for additional reading materials, implementing this service at this time will allow us to serve our community through these difficult times. Depending upon the future situation and the length of our closure, we will re-evaluate at a later date to determine if we need to increase the number of days we offer the service or if any changes need to be made.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we try to navigate through the current situation and determine additional ways to serve our community until we can re-open our doors and see you @ your library.
Expanded No Contact Pick Up
After a review by the Ida Grove Library Board of Trustees, the library will be expanding no contact pick up to four days per week. The following times will be available for pick up of library materials:
- Monday 10am-12pm & 1pm-3:40pm
- Tuesday 10am-12pm & 1pm-3:40pm
- Thursday 10am-12pm & 1pm-5:40pm
- Friday 10am-12pm & 1pm-5:40pm
All current no contact pick up guidelines still apply as listed above, with the exception of order cut off times. When we receive a request we will try schedule pick up for the same day. Requests received later in the day may be scheduled for the following available pick-up day.